[Winpcap-users] Installation Questions

John Graham jgraham at gci.com
Thu Aug 11 18:20:02 GMT 2005

Thank you for your reply.

I looked at changelog.htm and figured that the installation program was
looking for updates. NIS was probably blocking that, which is why the
progress counter was stuck on 0%. I am surprised that NIS didn't prompt
for permission for this access (but that's not your problem!)

However, I recommend that the installer program (if possible) ask
whether the user wants to check for a later version. That would at least
warn the user that the program is going to perform some web accesses and
I have not tested the installer on a machine that was not connected to
the internet.

John Graham