[Winpcap-users] 64-bit version coming?

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 17:42:31 GMT 2005

Current version doesn't support 64-bit Windows yet, nor will do version 3.1.
In order to support Win64, we'll have to:

1. port the driver. This is mandatory.
2. port the libraries. This is optional but suggested.

My bet is that 1 will be easier than 2: besides some CPU-dependent code
like the filters JIT compiler (which in any case can be disabled), the
driver should be reasonable ready to work at 64 bit. The dlls, on the
other side, contain more heterogeneous code, and using the MS IDEs at 64
bit is not totally trivial yet.

With currently available resources, I think we cannot start to work on
this before the fall. Of course, anybody with a 64-bit machine and a
copy of the DDK is welcome to give a look.

Loris