[Winpcap-users] Full content-based filtering

Oren Becker orenbecker at bezeqint.net
Sat Jun 25 08:44:58 GMT 2005

I understand.

Say - about flow reassembly:

I read that after the packet is in the kernel buffer, it can be copied to a
user-space buffer via a function call.
If the application is to reassemble a consequtive buffer with the data in
the tcp-packets, another copy will probably be needed.

Now, won't it save time if the application first gets a chance to read the
packet from the kernel-buffer and decide whether it wants to "lock" it. Then
the packet won't be deleted until the application knows exactly where it
wants to copy the packet (or part of it) to?

Oren.