[Winpcap-users] WinPCAP needed for ALL network connections

Anshuman Aggarwal anshuman at brillgene.com
Wed Apr 26 18:23:48 GMT 2006

Both :( and Multiple VPN :((
Cisco VPN, Aventail and Netlimiter Firewall installed
BUT it used to work perfectly with all of the above installed...I know the
question that I am also asking myself is what changed ...

I guess one solution is to uninstall ALL of the above ....and see if the
connection works then...

Is it possible that running Winpcap is helping *BYPASS* something that the
VPN/Netlimiter Firewall is preventing

More Observations:
- When applications request connections, netlimiter still kicks in and IS
ABLE to prevent/allow the comm. through ....HENCE winpcap is not helping
bypass that
- VPN is only started when needed and works fine ON TOP of running connection
but DOES NOT work when ethereal is not running
- ALSO Ethereal does NOT need to be capturing packets (by using filters
nothing is captured) it just needs to be *LISTENING* :)

IMHO, this is an interesting problem of the unusual kind

Thanks,