[Winpcap-users] pktdump_ex Question

Roshan Haridas Roshan at exeltech.com
Thu Feb 9 18:08:08 GMT 2006

WinPcap Users,

When running pktdump_ex.exe on DOS command-line, I try to dump the packet
data into a file by following the usage format,
pktdump_ex -s file://c:/temp/file.acp, however, I get this error: Error
opening source: c:/temp/file.acp: No such file or directory

So I create this file, file.acp, in C:\temp and reran the command, but I got
another error:
Error opening source: truncated dump file; tried to read 24 file header
bytes, only got 0

What do I need to do to dump the packet data into a file successfully.  I
will truly appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

Roshan Haridas
Software Programmer