[Winpcap-users] Question regarding PING(ICMP)

ahsan askari ahsanaskari at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:01:10 GMT 2006

Hi

I have observed a strange behaviour. I made a simple sniffing application
using winpcap. In that application I am retrieving the protocol Id field of
IP packet and printing it. it is working fine but it seems to be not
capturing the ICMP protocol. Moreover, when I run this application I am not
able to ping the host running the application from other hosts but as soon
as I close the application other hosts starts pining the application running
host. Could anyone explain me this please.

Thank you

Ahsan