[Winpcap-users] What do the expressions guarantee to me?

Ramiro Polla ramiro86 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:44:41 GMT 2006

Hello,

By compiling the expression "ip and (tcp or udp)", what I am guaranteed to
have?
Such as in checksum calculation of ip header, tcp/udp header, and tcp/udp
data.

Does it do any checksum at all, or just tells me that the ethernet data (or
whatever), has IP set as the protocol, and inside the ip header (or the
bytes that would correspond to an ip header) TCP or UDP are set as the
protocol?

Thanks,
Bye,
Ramiro Polla