[Winpcap-users] avoid recapture of transmitted packets

Oron Asaf AssafO at Radware.com
Tue Aug 14 13:34:05 GMT 2007

Hi

I wrote a real time application which uses wpcap for receiving and
transmitting packets. The problem is that when the app transmits a
packet it receives it immediately as a captured packet. Since my app
uses various mac addresses its not always easy to distinguish between
capturing "real" traffic and the transmitted traffic. Currently I keep a
copy of each transmitted packet for about 1ms and compare it to all
incoming packets, if one is identical I drop it. Is there a better
method to separate transmitted and received  packets so they don't mix?

Asaf