[Winpcap-users] can not get any captured package when

Lin George george4academic at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 07:05:13 GMT 2008

Thanks Bryan,
1.
My mistake before. The ping is not successfully through proxy. Here is my result.
--------------------
ping www.google.com
Pinging www.l.google.com [72.17.235.101] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
--------------------
My question is, if the ping fails, where is the resolved IP 72.17.235.101 comes from?
2.
> and my
> client resolver library switches their order each time the name is
> requested.  I believe that's because my caching nameserver switches
> their order too, but I don't know that for sure (haven't looked at the
> order of returned records in the raw packet).  Most programs just choose
> the first address in the list.

You mean each time the ping returns 3 address for google.com, but on the console only one is displayed each time and which one to be displayed is controlled by console client internally? I am confused why in your result each time there is different result, because you mentioned time out is 5 minutes and the same result should be returned within 5 minutes, correct?
3.

> may not allow pings out either (or name resolution, for that matter) --
> but it sounds like yours does, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Why proxy does not allow ping? Do you have any documents describing this?  From my reply in item 1, seems ping is not allowed.
regards,
George