[Winpcap-users] WinPcap filtering

WeiJie Royce penril_3 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:44:42 PST 2012

Hi Guys,
I tried to filter ip host 172.16.164.221 in my winpcap application which is running in a virtual machine but it doesn't capture the traffic from host 172.16.164.221 why is it so? When i try and do so using wireshark, it is able to capture traffic from 172.16.164.221 with is another virtual machine host. I've already set promiscuous mode on the VLAN Group and this works fine using wireshark. I'm wondering if i'm using the filtering expression in the right manner. In wireshark, i key in ip.addr==172.16.164.221 and i manage to get traffic that is related to that. using my own application that is created using WinPcap doesn't allow me to capture traffic outside of my own. Please help!