[ntar-workers] Timestamp resolution: if_tsaccur option unclear!

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 24 06:05:05 GMT 2005

Loris Degioanni wrote:

> Any better proposals for this? We're still in time to change it.

Well, we could have a 64-bit "seconds since the UNIX epoch" value, or we
could have a 64-bit "femtoseconds since the UNIX epoch" value.  2^42 is
about a year in femtoseconds, and 2^(64-42) seconds is about 4 million
years, so, unless I'm completely stupid, 64 bits should be "enough"
femtoseconds (and probably even enough attoseconds).