[ntar-workers] NTAR 1.1.0.190 is available on the website.

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 12 18:31:19 GMT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 7:41 PM, Gianluca Varenni wrote:

> I've just finished uploading a new version of NTAR on the website.

I see an error code NTAR_FAILURE_INVALID_ID, for which the comment is
"The identifier of a block or an option is not valid or unknown."

Presumably this is never returned for "unknown" when reading - NTAR
should simply ignore unknown blocks or options when reading so that
it can read files written by newer versions of NTAR (or perhaps
somehow supply them as opaque data, so an application that reads and
processes a pcap-NG file and writes the results to another pcap-NG
file can just blindly copy unknown blocks and options).