[ntar-workers] Re: Bug in http.cap.ntar file?!?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Tue Oct 9 20:37:00 GMT 2007

Gianluca Varenni schrieb:
> The block body is always 32 bit aligned (i.e. if it's not aligned,
> alignment bytes are to be added), *but* the block total length (both
> the instances of the field, at the beginning and at the end of the
> block itself) indicate the effective block length. This is how I
> interpreted the spec when I implemented ntar (since this is how other
> "length" fields work in other places of the spec when padding is
> required). Maybe I was wrong. I just tried to be consistent.

?!?

To mention the spec: "Block Total Length: total size of this block, in
bytes. For instance, the length of a block that does not have body is 12
bytes."

This implies that a block starts with BTL and ends after another BTL -
regardless what's between these two.

So if the block header / footer is 12 byte and the block body can only
be a multiple of 4 - does it make *any sense* that the BTL will not be a
multiple of 4 ?!?

Regards, ULFL