[pcap-ng-format] Some feedback

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:32:41 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

I am working through the whole document.

1. I notice in the source that Jasper made and edit on 26-Jul but it does
not appear in the on-line version, even though Guy made an edit or two on
27-July.

2. The introductory statement contains some English that can be improved:

"The problem of exchanging packet traces becomes more and more critical
every day; unfortunately, no standard solutions exist for this task right
now. One of the most accepted packet interchange formats is the one defined
by libpcap, which is rather old and *does not fit for some of the nowadays
applications* particularly from the extensibility point of view. "

I think it should be:

"The problem of exchanging packet traces becomes more and more critical
every day; unfortunately, no standard solutions exist for this task right
now. One of the most accepted packet interchange formats is the one defined
by libpcap, which is rather old and *is lacking in functionality for more
modern applications*, particularly from the extensibility point of view. "

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe