[pcap-ng-format] Moving forward with pcap-ng

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:14:57 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

Today I talked with a bunch of Wireshark folks and to Loris Degioanni
about moving forward with pcap-ng.

I think the consensus is that moving forward consists of:

1. Completing the spec,
2. Enhancing it with additional features/items that a good number of
us agree are useful.

The way to achieve both of these is through this mailing list.

Loris is agreeable to handing over the spec to a volunteer or
volunteers who can do these things.

So, I guess I am calling for that volunteer or volunteers.

I have also tried contacting the people at the Hone project who have
already made private extensions to pcap-ng. I am trying to encourage
them to post their extensions here so we can discuss them and figure
out whether we agree with them or not.

In addition I will encourage other organizations like the CloudShark
folks and the PCAPR folks to participate here.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe