[pcap-ng-format] Converting NTAR to PCAP

Erik Hjelmvik erik.hjelmvik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:31:39 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to start out by thanking those on this list who kindly
answered my previous request about multiple section headers.
I've used your feedback to implement PCAP-NG support in the next
releases of NetworkMiner and CapLoader.

But what I also did was to build a website at http://pcapng.com
This website is a handy tool for converting PcapNG files to libpcap;
just upload a PcapNG file, and download the converted libpcap file.

The site does, of course, support multiple section headers with mixed
big and little endian segments as well as mixed data link types.

As a side note to all fellow pcap geeks on this list I'd like to
mention that pcapng.com honors Glen Turner and Guy Harris' work on the
libpcap MIME type, since the converted PCAP file is sent back to the
user with HTTP using the following content type:

Also, feel free to let me know if you have feature requests or other
ideas for the site http://pcapng.com

Best regards,
Erik Hjelmvik