[pcap-ng-format] Meeting at Sharkfest 2013?

Jasper Bongertz jasper at packet-foo.com
Sun Jun 9 15:39:04 PDT 2013

Hi all,

maybe everybody interested in working on the PCAPng specifications can
find some time to meet at Sharkfest 2013? I don't know who will be
attending Sharkfest but I thought I ask before we find out later that
we could have done it but didn't.

I think it would be a good opportunity to talk about finalizing the
specifications for a 1.0 version and to determine how future
enhancements are going to be dealt with. I just saw a bug posted on
bugs.wireshark.org where someone would like to add a tagging option to
enhanced packet blocks to mark them for later inspection, which seems
like an idea worth discussing. And I'd hate to see the file format to
be modified without a "central authority" because that usually leads to
chaos (as seen with the pcap format).

I have talks on all days of the conference but I'm pretty sure we
should be able to manage to find a time slot. What do you think?

Jasper