[pcap-ng-format] Proposing new block type for PCAP-NG (UNCLASSIFIED)

Anders Broman anders.broman at ericsson.com
Wed Apr 1 07:49:44 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: pcap-ng-format-bounces at winpcap.org [mailto:pcap-ng-format-bounces at winpcap.org] On Behalf Of Guy Harris
Sent: den 1 april 2015 08:11
To: Pcap-ng file format
Subject: Re: [pcap-ng-format] Proposing new block type for PCAP-NG (UNCLASSIFIED)

On Mar 31, 2015, at 9:19 PM, Anders Broman <anders.broman at ericsson.com> wrote:

> We should look at 3GPP location information IEs and reuse one or more of them.

So what 3GPP specs describe them?  I searched, using Spotlight, in my directory of 3GPP specs for

	location information element

and 42 documents matched (perhaps because any document containing all three words somewhere popped up), and I've named them by their TS numbers and dates rather than their titles, so I'd have to open all of them; do you have any suggestions for particular TS's in which to look?

There is Universal Geographical Area Description (GAD) (3GPP TS 23.032 version 12.0.0 Release 12) http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/123000_123099/123032/12.00.00_60/ts_123032v120000p.pdf

GSM MAP 3GPP TS 29.002
GeodeticInformation ::= OCTET STRING (SIZE (10))
-- Refers to Calling Geodetic Location defined in Q.763 (1999).
-- Only the description of an ellipsoid point with uncertainty circle
-- as specified in Q.763 (1999) is allowed to be used
-- The internal structure according to Q.763 (1999) is as follows:
-- Screening and presentation indicators 1 octet
-- Type of shape (ellipsoid point with uncertainty circle) 1 octet
-- Degrees of Latitude 3 octets
-- Degrees of Longitude 3 octets
-- Uncertainty code 1 octet
-- Confidence 1 octet

Positioning Calculation Application Part (PCAP) signaling
(3GPP TS 25.453 version 12.2.0 Release 12) http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/125400_125499/125453/12.02.00_60/ts_125453v120200p.pdf

Regards
Anders