[pcap-ng-format] Is there a reason to keep PCAP-DumpFileFormat.xml around?

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 20 22:32:02 UTC 2015

I gave a quick check, and it's mostly the same as the first version of draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml, with a few typos that were fixed in the first version of draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml, and some formatting changes such as handling the reference to RFC 2119 a little differently.

All the work is being done on draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml; nobody's checked in any changes to PCAP-DumpFileFormat.xml since 2014-06-29 07:31:56 UTC.

Is there any reason to keep PCAP-DumpFileFormat.xml around?

Should we have something to make it clear that the correct document is draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml, not PCAP-DumpFileFormat.xml?