[pcap-ng-format] Should we add the "ntartest.c" file and some sample pcapng files from the Wireshark Wiki pcapng page to the repository?

Hadriel Kaplan the.real.hadriel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 03:32:56 UTC 2015

My 2 cents: I wouldn't mix it in with the draft-spec repo - you can
always create another repo under the "pcapng" organization, and put a
link in the README if need be.

As for the "tool" itself, I think it's too simplistic, at least for
verification. By the time you add all the details for each field and
option, and do cross-verification of things like Interface-IDs and
such, you might as well have just improved the recently-added pcapng
format dissector in wireshark/tshark to add expert info for all the
conditions. (I've been tempted to do just that, but I'm waiting for
Michal Labedzki to upload a change he claims will make the current
format dissector not look like such a hack)

-hadriel