[pcap-ng-format] Should we register the domain pcap-ng.org and set up a Web site?

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 27 22:04:54 UTC 2015

On Oct 16, 2014, at 6:15 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:

> Erik Hjelmvik <erik.hjelmvik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, it might be better to drop the hyphen in the domain name to
>> avoid odd characters and get a shorter and easier-to-type name. The
>> domain pcapng[.]org is still available.
>
> good call.  We need both anyway.

And, apparently, we now have both, at least according to whois.

Now that we have a GitHub repository, should we set up a Web site that has the current version of the spec?

Presumably it can have information on joining the mailing list (and archives for the list); anything else?  Should there be a home page that says something about the project?