[pcap-ng-format] New Version Notification for draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng-02.txt

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Mon Sep 28 23:28:45 UTC 2020

Guy Harris <gharris at sonic.net> wrote:
    > For 2), I note that

    > 	https://github.com/pcapng/pcapng/blob/master/draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.md

    > has a bunch of stuff that GitHub isn't treating as markup, such as the
    > stuff prior to the "Introduction" heading, and the tags such as
    > "{::boilerplate bcp14}".  Is that an extension of Markdown not
    > supported by GitHub's Markdown renderer but supported by some
    > Markdown-to-RFC XML converter

Yes, kramdown-rfc2629.  The MT Makefile does all the magic.

    > In addition, the XML version at

    > 	https://github.com/pcapng/pcapng/blob/master/reference-draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml

    > has some additional Decryption Secrets Block secret formats.  Those
    > have data formats that *themselves* call for figures, and I'd been
    > trying, at one point, to determine how to do that in RFC XML v2 format
    > - it might require v3 format.  Can that be handled with Markdown?

I left that as reference since I knew that I hadn't gotten all the content right.
Right now, kramdown-rfc2629 generates v2 format, but it will move forward soon.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )