[Winpcap-users] Feature request: restricting use of winpcap

Ph. Marek philipp.marek at bmlv.gv.at
Tue Aug 2 06:20:25 GMT 2005

On Monday 01 August 2005 20:44, Gianluca Varenni wrote:
> Hi Phil.
>
> As Loris explained some days ago on the mailing list
> (http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/winpcap-users/2005-July/000202.html) we
> are definitely planning to add such feature, but it won't be available in
> the upcoming WinPcap 3.1. The idea is putting some ACLs on the npf devices
> to selectively allow/deny tx and rx through a control panel applet (or
> something similar).
Great!

Will there be some nightly-build or something like that? :-)

My needs would be satisfied if I could specify a string in the registry, which
specifies a group or user, which can access the npf device (could be everyone
by default). I would need no control panel.

A string specifying a "default" or "must" filter would be nice, but is not
necessary.

Regards,

Phil