[Winpcap-users] While testing Gianlucas winpcap3.1 [prerelease]...

Marc Wetzel mwse at gmx.de
Tue Aug 2 06:28:19 GMT 2005

Gianluca,

the following code is copied out of the Delphi headerfile defining the
constants
for CoInitializeEx:
const
  // flags passed as the coInit parameter to CoInitializeEx.
  {$EXTERNALSYM COINIT_MULTITHREADED}
  COINIT_MULTITHREADED      = 0;      // OLE calls objects on any thread.
  {$EXTERNALSYM COINIT_APARTMENTTHREADED}
  COINIT_APARTMENTTHREADED  = 2;      // Apartment model
  {$EXTERNALSYM COINIT_DISABLE_OLE1DDE}
  COINIT_DISABLE_OLE1DDE    = 4;      // Dont use DDE for Ole1 support.
  {$EXTERNALSYM COINIT_SPEED_OVER_MEMORY}
  COINIT_SPEED_OVER_MEMORY  = 8;      // Trade memory for speed.

as you see, 0 has the meaning of COINIT_MULTITHREADED
You said you initialize also to NULL?
Maybe we both are doing the same?

Regards
/Marc