[Winpcap-users] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 3.1 has been released

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon Aug 8 05:02:23 GMT 2005

Hi.

We are aware of the "leak". The problem is that the leak is not in WinPcap, but in the NetMon, the Microsoft COM component that WinPcap uses to capture packets from dialup adapters. On Windows 2000 that COM component is buggy, and leaks memory whenever WinPcap asks NetMon to provide a list of adapters (i.e. whenever you call pcap_findalldevs).

I'm sorry for that.