[Winpcap-users] Performnace in GW application....

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:04:01 GMT 2005

Hi.

There could be a number of reasons for this low performance.

Have you tried pinging a host on the other side of your gateway and see the RTT for the reply? One reason could be the latency introduced in the capture process by WinPcap, in order to achieve better capture performance (i.e. a higher number of captured packets). In particular, you can try to lower the timeout in pcap_open_xxx and the mintocopy value (with pcap_setmintocopy). This should improve the responsiveness of the capture process, at the expense of a higher CPU load.