[Winpcap-users] Function RegisterDevice is always returning 0x0 (Win CE 4.2)

GüntherLackner guenther.lackner at iaik.tugraz.at
Fri Dec 30 09:37:47 GMT 2005

Hi!

I try to use the winpcap windows CE version on an iPaq hx4700 with
windows ce 4.2.

I managed to build all necessary files and copied them to the correct
places on the device.

The problem now is that when I try to run the "SampleApp" the
coredll.dll function "RegisterDevice" ...

 > g_hDev = RegisterDevice (L"PKT", 0, L"PKTdrv.dll", 0x4545); <

... never returns an value other than "NULL".

Could anybody please give me a hint how to solve this problem? Maybe
there is a problem with the parameters?

The Error Message I get from the SampleApp is: "Windows CE failed to
load the packet capture driver."

best regards
Günther

Günther Lackner
<Guenther.Lackner at iaik.tugraz.at>
Institute for Applied Information Processing and Communications,
Graz University of Technology,
Inffeldg. 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria
tel: +43 316 873-5501
fax: +43 316 873-5520