[Winpcap-users] Filter in winpcap

Ramon Szmuk ramonsm at netvision.net.il
Fri Jul 1 09:31:16 GMT 2005

Hi Alessandro,
regarding the filter to the internet you can just request that the
destination IP won't
be of an internal network assignment like:
192.168.0.0 /16
10.0.0.0 /8
172.16.0.0 /12

or in a filter:

not (net 192.168 or net 10 or net 172.16)

That is offcourse in case you are using private IP addresses only in your
LAN
to discard packets from two PC's of your LAN you have to manually filter
them out
I don't think there is any way to do that generically:

not (host 10.0.0.1 or host 10.0.0.2)

where 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 are the two PC's IP addresses

putting it all together:

not (net 192.168 or net 10 or net 172.16) and not (host 10.0.0.1 or host
10.0.0.2)

Have a nice day,
Ramon Szmuk