[Winpcap-users] compiling under linux

Jeroen . jeronimo8888 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:41:25 GMT 2005

Hi Fulvio,

thanks for the help, it worked !

For those of you having the same problem, here is what i did:
(this works for the 3.1 beta 4 release)

* download the dos2unix package (under Debian/Sarge it is in the sysutils
package)
* unzip the winpcap zip file and go to the libpcap dir
* do a dos2unix config* VERSION
* do an autoconf
* do a ./configure
* do a make, it should work file now.
* go to the rpcap dir and do a make also
* your done!

Some pitfalls to help search engines find this solution:

If you get an error line containing @V_HAVE_REMOTE@ you forgot to run the
autoconf

If you get a " missing terminating " character " in version.c or version.h,
you forgot to do a dos2unix VERSION

Thanks again,
Jeroen