[Winpcap-users] winpcap comiled.. but does not run itself.

Ankur Aggarwal hello.c at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:52:08 GMT 2005

Hi
I am using the (compiled version) 3.0 released version of winpcap with
the 0.10.10 version of ethereal (released binary) and Windows2000,
MSVC6.

The moment I use my compiled sys, dll of winpcap and restart the
ethereal, I get an error dialogue box:
Dynamic link library packet could not be found in the specified path,
followed by all the path names including system32.
Ethereal works well with the released winpcap. So i was curious if I
had made any error while compiling or installing winpcap.

I already have the all the tools which were required and was able to build.
1) I386\npf.sys using the DDK command prompt.
2) winpcap\wpcap\PRJ\wpcap.dll using cygwin (the .dsp compile in VC6
somehow throws a lot of errors in include and defination paths and
does not work for me both in wpcap and packet.dll)
3) packetNtx\Dll\Project\packet.dll

I was unsure how to install/use the compiled files (the mail archives
do not throw much light) so:
I then copied
1) Packet.dll, wpcap.dll to system32
2) npf.sys to system32, system32\drivers.

Thanks and regards
Ankur