[Winpcap-users] WinPcap 3.1 beta 4 memory leak? crashes?

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Sat May 21 19:51:37 GMT 2005

I have a Delphi application using the WinPcap library. The application polls a
device on the ethernet port every second for status information. The
application will poll for a device every half second if it can't find one
right away. The crashes and memory leak seem to occur when the etherenet
cable pulled. The application will slowly leak memory and sometimes crashes
after a few seconds or a few hours of operation.

It appears the calls into the WinPcap library is the problem. When I take out
the calls into the WinPcap library the application runs without memory leaks
and does not crash. Of course, it isn't doing a whole lot at this point
either. I searched google and the mailing list and did not find any memory
leak issues with WinPcap 3.1 beta 4. Are there any issues with calling
pcap_findalldevs() every half second? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom