[Winpcap-users] Re: problem with winpcap

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 27 17:36:42 GMT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 8:00 AM, Essam Jarrous wrote:

> dear Mr. Harris..

Unfortunately, Mr. Harris's involvement with WinPcap is primarily as

     1) a developer of libpcap, primarily on UN*X systems (and
primarily BSD at that)

and

     2) a developer of a program that uses libpcap/WinPcap (Ethereal)

rather than as a core developer of WinPcap, so directly asking him
questions about WinPcap, rather than asking winpcap-users at winpcap.org
(a list that includes the developers of WinPcap), is probably not the
right thing to do.

> i'm working with winpcap to capture and send packets, but when
> using pcap_sendpacket i'm experiencing a high delay in addition to
> losing some packets in high traffic so i tried to use queues
> instead but that's could not help because i need to send each
> packet in real time.

I'll let the WinPcap developers answer this.

> i'm trying to use libnet for sending but does libnet support
> sending number of bytes written by me as is without adding any
> headers?

Is that Mike Shiffman's libnet?  If so, I think it should support
that, but you should check the documentation.