[Winpcap-users] installation problem

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Nov 16 15:53:58 GMT 2005

Hi all.

As a matter of facts, the installer *should* be smart enough to detect when a previous installation is on the system, remove it *and* ask to reboot if necessary (basically, the installer knows which old versions require a reboot). The problem you encountered ("WinPcap 3.1 is already installed.....") is probably due to some other weird bug in the installer (it has nothing to do with reboot, in fact you had to force the installation of an old version to fix the issue).

Lou, do you know which old version of WinPcap was installed on your machine, so that I can try to replicate it on my machines and fix the installer?