[Winpcap-users] WinPCap in a WindowsNT Service

Alessandro Baldisserri bujia at libero.it
Tue Oct 4 10:16:11 GMT 2005

Hi!

I've tried write a NT Service which capture network traffic using WinPcap libraries. I use MS VS .NET 2003 environment. As type of my project I've chosen VC++ project for Windows Service. When I develop simple console application everything works properly, but when I try to develop service I stopped at

pcap_open_live(d->name, 65536, 1, 1000, errbuf);

function. It seems to be problem with this function becasue when I comments code  from this line to end Service work properly I think (it notes my logs into event log) But if I uncomment this line even earlier logs from capture function are not recording into event log.

I have suspicion that problem is with "d->name" and similiar references but I'm not sure and I don't know how to go over this.

Anyone have the same problem? I'm using winpcap ver3.0.18.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
Alex