[Winpcap-users] problem using winpcap 3.1 with windows service

Arno Arkesteijn Arno.Arkesteijn at priva.nl
Thu Sep 8 05:47:08 GMT 2005

Hello Ryan,

I have the same problem.
It looks like the problem is in the packet.dll, this uses OpenService() and StartService() to load the npf-driver.
If another service would to load the npf-driver and your service was depending on this service the problem would be fixed (i think).

I am in contact with Gianluca to try to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

With regards,
Arno Arkesteijn.