[Winpcap-users] packet redirection

Suporte Netcount netcount at netcabo.pt
Thu Sep 15 10:42:59 GMT 2005

Seriously doubt.
http://www.ntndis.com/w&p.php?id=14 is a very good article on the different
ways (user/kernel) to build a firewall for Windows.
The realistic way to build a firewall is use kernel mode traffic filtering
and build a TDI filter, an NDIS intermediate or hooking driver.
Winpcap is neither of those and it's not "changeable" unless the whole
driver is restructured. Then yes, it could do it. But then, as Guy said, the
whole idea of winpcap being a port of libpcap that passively listens would
be gone.
Pedro