[Winpcap-users] Problem running WinPCap DLLs

marcos cunha jakexblaster at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 20 13:56:10 GMT 2005

Heya'll

Before showing my problem, my specs:
Windows 98 O.E. w/out updates (except of MS DUN 1.4)
Internet Explorer 6.01 SP1
Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6

My problem:
I installed WinPCap 3.1 and Ethereal 0.10.12. When I run Ethereal, I can't sniff packets, due to
freezes that I get when I try to configure it. At the first time I thought it was the program,
BUT, it was the DLL. Why? I got MinGW and did a sample program (also tested with the examples that
come with WinPCap) and it freezes when the functions of the DLL are called. I uninstalled both,
and put WinPCap 3.0 and Ethereal 0.10.10, and the same error. Any suggestion?

Thx in adv,
jake.