[Winpcap-users] Problem running WinPCap DLLs

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:27:25 GMT 2005

Marcos,

marcos cunha wrote:
> well, it worked before with PCap 3.1 beta 1 and 3.0,

...But not because of changes in WinPcap: the Windows 9x dlls and driver
have not changed from WinPcap 3.0 to WinPcap 3.1...

> but, if you dont want to give support, for
> what it serve?

Many users may find the Windows 9x version useful even if it's not
supported *for free*. In the opposite case, I'll remove it from the
distribution.

Note that I said "for free", and not "we don't want to give support". If
you really need support, some of the members of the WinPcap team have a
company called CACE Technologies (http://www.cacetech.com/): you can
contact them and they'll surely be happy to start a consultancy for you,
which will include the cost of setting up and maintaining an environment
with 10-years-old OSes, DDKs, and Debuggers. Otherwise, they wouldn't
have the resources to do that in their spare time.

Loris