[Winpcap-users] residual network connection with winpcap 3.1 uninstall

Vasily Borovyak vbor at isd.dp.ua
Fri Apr 7 17:59:07 GMT 2006

As Gianluca wrote:

Uhm, WinPcap does not require any manual installation/uninstallation.
Basically, if the NPF driver is not running, it does *not* affect the
normal networking operation. So uninstalling WinPcap (with the normal
uninstallation process) is the way to go.

The only weird relation I might think of is Microsoft Network Monitor
(MS NetMon) used to capture from dialup/VPN. WinPcap enables it during
installation, but doesn't disable it during the uninstallation.

Please try this:
1. uninstall winpcap
2. go to control panel, network connections, choose the wired (or
wireless) network connection, properties
3. Go to the general tab, choose "Network Monitor Driver" from the list
and hit "Uninstall".

Tell me if it works or not.

Hope it helps
GV