[Winpcap-users] WinPCAP needed for ALL network connections

Anshuman Aggarwal anshuman at brillgene.com
Fri Apr 21 22:39:13 GMT 2006

Hi,
 All my network connections (Ethernet, Wireless) only work when I have an
application like Ethereal running which starts the WinPcap capture. The
packets start flowing once the capture is started (even if the filter set
in Ethereal does not actually capture any packets) and stops once the
packet capture is stopped in Ethereal.

I have tried uninstalling the WinPcap as well as the Network Monitor Packet
capture driver.

Any suggestions?

Can someone please explain or point to the documentation where the startup
drivers, services around winpcap are explained.

I am sure somewhere Winpcap has become essential for the TCPIP stack but I am
not sure where and not sure how to find where its getting blocked.

Thanks much in advance

Regards,
Anshuman