[Winpcap-users] URGENTLY NEEDED FOR PROJECT

amruta tilaye amruta.tilaye at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 02:18:44 GMT 2006

hey thanks a lot steve....
  that helped....and I could reach the deadline....what about you???

  Amruta

Steve Mc Donnell <s-mc-d at hotmail.com> wrote:
  >I'm unable to debug this. All other functions work fine. So I guess there
>is no linking error. It's only when I use pcap_dumper_t I'm getting error.

I had this problem too, and found the solution here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/winpcap-users@winpcap.polito.it/msg02137.html

Go to pcap.h and comment out the line 'typedef struct pcap_dumper
pcap_dumper_t;'
and change dumpfile type def to 'typedef FILE *dumpfile;' Then in your code
you can just switch 'pcap_dumper_t* dumpfile;' to 'FILE *dumpfile;'
Hopefully you can fix this in time, I've also got a project due soon (9
hours!)

Steve