[Winpcap-users] undefined reference to certain winpcap functions

usman Mahmood zinetic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:31:12 GMT 2006

hello,

i am using winpcap 3.1 with mingw on WinXP everything is compiling fine
until i use the following functions:

pcap_open()
pcap_findalldevs_ex()
pcap_createsrcstr()
pcap_parsesrcstr()
pcap_setsampling()
pcap_remoteact_accept()
pcap_remoteact_list()
pcap_remoteact_close()
pcap_remoteact_cleanup()

after reading the winpcap FAQ's amonst other things, i found out that i had
to add #define HAVE_REMOTE before including pcap.h
this did reduce the number of errors however i still get undefined
references to certain pcap functions for example:

undefined reference to pcap_createsrcstr(...)

I am linking to the correct librarys and after reading the winpcap FAQ's
again i found out that these functions are not exported from wpcap.dll.
anyway my problem is that how do i use these functions with out getting any
of the undefined reference errors.

thank you.