[Winpcap-users] pcap_next_ex for real time application

laurent.charreire at voila.fr laurent.charreire at voila.fr
Wed Aug 30 07:44:39 GMT 2006

Hello,
I'm developping a real time application (multi-threading with MFC) which aims at decoding RTP packets to create audio file.
I make use of pcap_next_ex() in my filtering thread.
To test my program, I'm using a rtpdump file (G.711 PCMA) and rtpplay tool.
I don't understand why my filtering thread handles packets faster than 20 ms (length of my packet G.711 PCMA): it detects packets every 2 ms... :(
As a consequence, my decoding thread can not deal with so many bursts : buffer jitter is getting full and so on.
Thanks in advance for your support.
http://mail1.voila.fr/webmail/fr_FR/write.html#
Envoyer
Regards,