[Winpcap-users] RE: Winpcap-users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 32

Mani, Swetha (Cognizant) Swetha.Mani at cognizant.com
Thu Aug 31 06:37:06 GMT 2006

Hi !

My name is Swetha. I am facing a problem while trying to run the source
code for WinPCap 3.1. I have downloaded the source tree from Winpcap.org
for the 3.1 version. I am compiling and building with Microsoft Visual
Studio 2005 on a Windows machine with sp2. The problem is as follows.

I have built the project iflist at : winpcap\Examples\iflist. While
running the exe, in the PacketGetAdapterNames() function of Packet.dll,
its failing at RegOpenKeyEx (). And I am getting an error sating -
"Cannot Allocate enough memory" !

Can someone please explain me why this is happeneing ?

The packet.dll has been built from the source at : winpcap\Packet9x\DLL.

The wpcap.dll has been built from the source at : winpcap\wpcap\PRJ
The iflist.xe has been created from the source at :
winpcap\Examples\iflist

Thanks and regards
Swetha Mani.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s
and may contain confidential and privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.

 Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com