[Winpcap-users] PacketGetAdapterNames still leaks on winxp?

Michal Szostakiewicz creed at tls.pl
Tue Feb 7 17:48:13 GMT 2006

Hello,

What is actual status of PacketGetAdapterNames leaks?
I tried code like:

char		AdapterNames[8192];
ULONG		AdapterLength = sizeof(AdapterNames);
PacketGetAdapterNames(AdapterName,&AdapterLength);

and Rational Purify tool reported 104-byte memory leak

I know there's been some problems with it. I use the latest [AFAIK]
version of 3.1 - packet.dll is dated 2005-08-02. I tried 3.2
alpha [packet.dll from 2005-12-17] too, but it didn't seem to help it.

It's Windows XP Home with SP2.

greetz,
creed