[Winpcap-users] Active sniffing question

accounts at sandmik.net accounts at sandmik.net
Fri Feb 10 07:25:35 GMT 2006

Dear Fellow Developers.

    I am trying to develop a software that does active sniffing, on a
switched network, in which I poison the ARP cache of two machines to
intercept their traffic.
I have a problem when one of the machines is the gateway, for some
reason the reforwarding of packets to the proper destination is still
missing something. I read about it on the internet and most documents
say to run the "IP-Forwarding" feature of Windows XP (or 2000) for it to
work properly. However I do not want to do that, I want to do the job of
IP-Forwarding myself, I do not want to depend on Windows using this
task. One software Cain and Abel successful reforward packets, If anyone
know what I am missing or point me in the right direction, I would
appreciate it a lot.

    Thanks in advance.