[Winpcap-users] Start and Terminate WinPcap manually

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Feb 22 16:31:09 GMT 2006

Just a quick note. In the same thread containing that mail you linked below,
there's another mail from Loris:

http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/winpcap-users/2005-August/000234.html

As he clearly points out, that process *should* work if, among other things,
no other WinPcap versions are installed on the system. If another copy of
WinPcap in installed, the manual procedure described in that mail will
probably corrupt the existing installation, and result in an unexpected
behavior. Again, we strongly discourage this manual approach to install
WinPcap.