[Winpcap-users] Windump problem - I don't see ANYTHING

jedimaster024-windump at yahoo.com jedimaster024-windump at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 14:38:42 GMT 2006

I don't see this addressed in the FAQ and couldn't find anything about it
already posted.

I installed the most recent versions of Windump and libpcap on Windows XP.
However, when I try to sniff packets, Windump doesn't "see"/capture any.
When I stop WinDump, it says 0 packets ___, 0 packets ____, 0 packets ___.

This behavior is stable regardless of which network interface card I use
(I've tried it on three), when there is no encryption on my WLAN, and across
laptops.  I just don't see anything... even though I know traffic is flying
across the net... (on an unencrypted WLAN...)

Do you know what the problem could be?  My builtin card is an Aethros and
I've tried to get it to work with a Proxim Orinoco gold and others.  I thought
I saw that these were supported.

What am I missing?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark