[Winpcap-users] Compiling samples in Doc with VC++ 2005

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Jan 6 19:31:28 GMT 2006

Hi Craig.

What you have created is an application using managed C++ (is it still
called managed extensions? I know that the new C++ managed extensions in
VS2005 are
*way* different from the ones in VC2002/2003).

By looking at the documentation of C3641 and the project created by VC2005
choosing "Windows Forms", it seems that the default project uses the
"/clr:pure", that does not support some Interop scenarios (in particular,
from a quick read at the MSDN documentation, you can use P/Invoke, but not
the native C++ Interop features). More documentation can be found here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/85344whh.aspx

A quick solution to the problem is to switch from "/clr:pure" to "/clr":
- go to the project properties
- choose "Configuration Properties"
- change the property "Common Language Runtime support" from "Pure MSIL
Common Language Runtime Support" to "Common Language Runtime Support"

Hope it helps