[Winpcap-users] Various fixups

deadchicken deadchicken at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:40:16 GMT 2006

Gisle Vanem wrote:
> "deadchicken" <deadchicken at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> diff -r -d wpcapsrc_3_2_alpha1/winpcap/wpcap/libpcap/pcap-bpf.h
>> wpcapsrc_3_2_alpha1_mingw/winpcap/wpcap/libpcap/pcap-bpf.h
>> 673a674,683
>>> #ifdef __MINGW32__
>>> struct bpf_stat
>>> {
>>>  UINT bs_recv;
>>>  UINT bs_drop;
>>>  UINT ps_ifdrop;
>>>  UINT bs_capt;
>>> };
>>> #endif
>
> I believe this only obfusates the problem. IMHO a patch to fix things
> for all compilers
> would be better. Why would MingW be so special?

I don't know that it's broken in any other compiler. Could be that it's only broken for MingW.

>> The next diff adds some things to work around a bug in the MinW32 headers
>> regarding getnameinfo():
>
> Upgrade your MingW. I have no problem with getnameinfo() on MingW 3.7.

As far as I can tell, you seem to be talking about the package 'mingw-runtime-3.7.tar.gz'.
I am also using this package however I don't think this package is the issue. Instead, I
believe it to be the w32api package in which case I'm using 'w32api-3.5.tar.gz'.

As for getnameinfo(), I believe that you'll only have the problem if _WIN32_WINNT is undefined
or defined to be less than 0x0501.